RMC Travel & The East Hampton Trail Preservation Society present:
A Walking Tour of
October 5 – 14, 2014
The very best of the Algarve, Sintra and Lisbon is featured on this journey along with easy guided walks of this unique area. Pretty villages and footpaths will take you into hidden places with a magnificent variety of landscapes, historical treasures, ancient treks and footpaths. For those who do not want to walk every day, there is plenty to do in Lagos, our base for our Algarve stay.
Then north to the beautiful town of Setubal on the Atlantic coast, a historic small city where your accommodations will be in a charming local Pousada (an old castle).
The journey continues to Sintra and the amazing Sintra National Park and ends in Lisbon, one of the most delightful and unspoiled capitals of the world. Like Rome, Lisbon sits on seven hills with unparalleled vistas. Influenced by the great sea expeditions, it is a mixture of northern Gothic elegance with southern exuberance reflected in the Manueline style of architecture. Plus, there are echoes of the Moorish presence where you will see tiled walls contrasting with the richly styled Baroque architecture.
The walking is “easy scenic” and the itinerary was recently taken by several members of the SHTPS.
TOUR INCLUDESRound-trip coach transportation to Newark
- Round-trip jet flights to Lisbon & Faro
- Round-trip transfers between airport and hotels
- First Class accommodations
- Airline & hotel taxes
- Service charges at the hotel
- Transportation throughout Portugal
- Guided walks in the Algarve and Sintra
- Daily breakfast
- Additional meals as indicated
- Sightseeing tours as per itinerary
- Sightseeing entrance fees
- Special farewell dinner and Fado show in Lisbon